Lúthien Elanessë
Elven Ranger of Arthedain
Ranger of the North
Lord

Mushrooms 0

: Female
: 6754

« #15 : November 20, 2005, 08:58:21 PM »

I tried it and I liked it, but they were insanely short chapters and I think I stopped at chapter 10. Plus I left the journal I wrote the story down in Mississippi when we were evacuating from Katrina. ::) BTW: Shadowfax, I really liked your story. :laugh:

I check in every now and then.
Waelith
Remmirath - Nazgűl Queen of Mordor
Maia
Mythical

Mushrooms 0

: 5174

mjehehehe....

« #16 : November 20, 2005, 09:09:52 PM »

I am currently working on my own novel...or fan fic. I call it a fan fic as it is based on the War of the Worlds.

I will post up the first chapter in a new thread. I havent decided whether I should post up the prologue though, cos its somewhat personal, and a bit depresing, and needs modifying, a bit. lol.

I find it quite easy to write. Am not sure why. I have a vivid imagination I guess, and I wish I had more time to build on it properly. I have always wanted to make a career from it, but I need more time and practice I guess.

Anyway... I hope you enjoy the thread I am about to post up...

Ë.N.Ŧ.A.R.Ď
Shadowfax
Istari
Mythical

Mushrooms 0

: 4474

Death Delerium

« #17 : November 29, 2005, 12:18:18 AM »

To anyone who read it, i got an A/B for my short story.  It says "A/B", but i'm going to just say, "A".  I like that.

Time slowed, reality bent, on and on the eggman went<br /><br /><br />Hey," said Shadow."Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are.   The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes "Say neverermore" said Shadow.    "F**k you," said the raven. It said nothing else as they went through the woodland together.
Isiong
Ranger of the North
Mythical

Mushrooms 0

: 2173

cillian love

« #18 : November 29, 2005, 12:20:14 AM »

Well I totally loved your little story Shadowfax, it had me laughing, lmao, A/B is always an A :)

Runt: What's the color of love, Pig?
Pig: What sort of love, love?
Runt: Don't know. But you know the way things, they got a color. I wonder what the color of love is.
Pig: Jesus, Runt. You could read a thousand think books and never know the answer to that quiz.
Runt: It's be a good one to know, ah?
Pig: It'd be brilliant, Runt. It's around here somewhere.
Shadowfax
Istari
Mythical

Mushrooms 0

Death Delerium

« #19 : November 29, 2005, 03:58:38 AM »

totally. ::)

Time slowed, reality bent, on and on the eggman went<br /><br /><br />Hey," said Shadow."Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are.   The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes "Say neverermore" said Shadow.    "F**k you," said the raven. It said nothing else as they went through the woodland together.
Uchiha Itachi
Mythical

Mushrooms 0

: 2102

Shinobi

« #20 : November 30, 2005, 12:26:04 PM »

I got to 14 chapters and then gave up - moved back to short stories, fan fics and poetry :laugh:

EG
Firstborn of Imladris
Vala
Mighty

Mushrooms 1

: 152

Men ? Men are weak ...

« #21 : December 02, 2005, 06:04:43 AM »

14 chapters! and gave up!!!

thats a hell of a way to get into it, and give up!

All Keeps Well for those who Wait. Nai tiruvantel ar varyuvantel i Valar tielyanna nu Vilya
Sharon

« #22 : December 03, 2005, 05:01:58 AM »

I am currently in the process of writing two stories, Dunno if you could call them novels. As well It is slow progress I am afraid.

One is a fantasy Story, I need to develop the characters much more and generally think of the plot in more detail. I am at the moment only fiddling with the story line.

The second story I am writing on is something you could call an autobiography (lol) It is mainly a story or a diary one could say about the life of those who's lives are influenced by alcoholism, Drug addiction, Abuse, Death and such. It is much darker than the fantasy story. But I do find it to be an interesting thing to write. Call me crazy and terribly morbid but I find it much more fun to write than the fantasy story hence the reason it is coming along at a faster pace.
Shadowfax
Istari
Mythical

Mushrooms 0

Death Delerium

« #23 : December 03, 2005, 07:24:17 PM »

Meh, i much prefer to write fantasy stuff.....if i wanted all the other stuff, i could just videotape a friday night ;)

Sharon

« #24 : December 03, 2005, 08:42:29 PM »

True but it would be hard to capture some moments on tape,You would not exactly take a video camera to a funeral would you? But you could write about it
Moreta
Dragonlady
Eagle of the North
Legendary

Mushrooms 0

: 846

« #25 : March 17, 2006, 01:27:18 AM »

Ah novel writing. Yes, Iv planned on doing that for a long time. I even have a very good connection in the publishing/writing world so Id stand a chance of getting it published (Kate Mosse - woman who created the Carnegie Book awards :P )

But I know what you mean about the difficulties of storylines. I have on story I started with a friend. We have the basic plotline for the whole book written out and we've started writing parts of it. Trouble is with doing one with someone else, its nigh on impossible to find the time to do it and shes now at university up in Durham - miles away from lil ole me. Thats the story that has more chance of being finished due to the fact there is actually a plotline. Once started a roleplay on it with the prologue though I doubt anyone would remember it (Stains of Time) Was a long time ago.

As for the other, it is totally fantasy based. Iv created the world for it and I have a rough idea of where I want the book to head but I just cant get enough ideas to come together in my brain. Its frustrating to be honest because I know the background and the world Ive created deserve a proper sized novel. Started a roleplay with that one too (Shendari I think I called it) though again dunno if anyone would remember that.

Sharon

« #26 : March 17, 2006, 05:58:19 PM »

Im actually co-writing something at the moment ^_^
As well as trying to write up the interesting story of the life of a great man. Tis terribly emotional stuff the true story writing is
Prevail in my Oblivion
Noldo
Mythical

Mushrooms 0

: Male
: 3927

Dragonrider

« #27 : March 18, 2006, 11:59:09 PM »

I never have the patience actually finishing such things, so most of the time it stays with ideas

Life it seems, will fade away
Drifting further every day
Getting lost within myself
Nothing matters no one else
I have lost the will to live
Simply nothing more to give
There is nothing more for me
Need the end to set me free

No one but me can save myself, but it to late
Now I can't think, think why I should even try
Yesterday seems as though it never existed
Death Greets me warm, now I will just say good-bye

Metallica - Fade to Black
Cuthien, Wolf-maiden
Istari
Mythical

Mushrooms 0

: 2016

I'm a hopeless Tolkien freak and proud!

« #28 : July 19, 2006, 10:45:36 AM »

I've actually been working on a fantasy trilogy...only have the first one down, really. 

"God is the Lord, of angels, and of men-and of elves."-J.R.R. Tolkien

And I shall be telling this with a sigh
somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood and I,
I took the road less traveled by
And that has made all the difference.

To the class of 2005-Rock On!

E.N.T.A.R.I.!
: 1 [2]   
:  

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the Fair Use Clause of the Copyright Law.